Monday, April 7, 2014

The UNCOMMON Taxi



Holy smokes!! Wait. Is that a Mercedes Benz S 550 I see dressed in the colors of a taxi? Pinch me please. I don't want to believe I am sleep walking this hot afternoon. No pinch me again for emphasis. 

This is definitely something you don't see everyday. I quickly whisked out my smartphone to check the price of this mansion on the road, of course not before I had satisfactorily taken pictures of this Uncommon spectacle - a very high end Mercedes Benz taxi. In these times when the cedi and dollar don't see eye to eye who would pull off such a crazy stunt. I had to get to the bottom of this madness. In a bid to satisfy my curiosity I drew closer. Curiosity they say killed the cat but today this cat is prepared to die next to this fine ride. 

By now I was standing by the driver's side of this uncommon taxi. No way!! Those who planned this must have really been aiming for the kill. Seated in the driver's seat was this sharply dressed woman. At this point I was both awestruck and confused- pretty much the same way Moses felt when he saw the burning bush. Already a Mercedes S 550 for a taxi is in a league of its own. Now it's being driven by a woman. Tell me if that's not uncommon.  

I engaged the driver in a conversation and within a couple of minutes I had gained permission to take a back seat. I did. Whew!! I swear I'm going to hate my car going forward. Upon a few back and forth questions and answers I learnt this was part of CCML's UNCOMMON campaign. Well they nailed the uncommon right there. She had parked where I met her because they had come to randomly find someone who had been discharged from hospital but couldn't pay their bills, CCML pays the bill and gives them an executive ride home free of charge. I'm blown like a trombone but apparently she tells me it's just the dawn. More to come at sunrise and sunset of their campaign. 

Next I will be digging in to who CCML really are. Watch out for some stories about this Taizi




3 comments:

  1. Mouth wide opened! Really an uncommon Taxi---Who pays for the bills when this uncommon taxi breaks down? What fare will this uncommon taxi charge? Uncommon fare?...definitely will want to read more about this Taizi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fare is very uncommon ... Free!! ... It doesn't charge. Good thing is it picks people randomly regardless of your outlook...

      Delete